Congratulations! You’ve decided to create attorney video. You recognize the importance of video for a viewer searching for a lawyer in your specialty. You’ve decided not to create video yourself and instead are looking for a video production company to do everything for you. Where do you begin to look?
Online. Where do you look online? YouTube is a good start. Do a search for attorneys in your specialty. Watch those videos. See what you like, and importantly, what you don’t like. In the description sidebar, look to see which company created that lawyers’ video. Then call that company. Alternatively, do a Google search for ‘lawyer video company’, or ‘video for lawyers’.
Here are 5 questions you must ask to make sure you compare apples to apples and not apples to oranges.
1. How long does it take to shoot my video?
2. How many video clips do I get for that video shoot?
3. How long will each completed video clip be?
4. How much will it cost to create my video?
5. Will you upload my videos to video sharing sites and optimize the videos so the search engines can find my videos?
2 BONUS QUESTIONS YOU MUST ASK EVERY VIDEO COMPANY YOU TALK TO:
1. Is the video producer a lawyer? Why is this important? Because most video producers do not know what your potential clients look for when searching for an attorney online. As an attorney, I have the unique ability to know what a potential client looks for when doing an online search for a lawyer.
2. How much will you charge me when I want to do another series of videos next month? And the month after that? Why is that important? After your first series of videos, you will soon realize that you have so much more information to offer online viewers. Only by creating a series of videos will you be able to create effective, educational and fresh video content.
The answers to these important questions will surprise you. When comparing video companies do not choose one based solely on price alone. Instead, look to the value and experience that the company and the producer can give you. Only then can you make an educated decision about which video company is right for you.